Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Only a Year....

It's been a year today that we received the most devastating results imaginable. Although it was a relief to finally know what was happening, it was the news we hoped never to hear! Our baby girl was diagnosed with Late Infantile Batten Disease. A terminal genetic disease that would take her life in a few short years. The news hit me like a ton of bricks. I cried like I've never cried before. As I held Charlee in my arms and the tears just rolled down my face, she wiped my tears and stroked my face. It was like she was saying...you finally know, and everything will be okay. What an emotional year it has been. She's lost so much. Her ability to walk, talk, see, eat and sit. Her trunk and head control are also gone. But her ability to love and affect peoples lives will never cease. She is in our hearts forever. I know her mission here is to touch all of our lives and to teach us just how precious life is. As hard as it's been, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. She's taught me patience and unconditional love, to enjoy what you have because you can lose it in an instant. Don't take anything for granted. Make time for your children and always tell them you love them!! I love you my precious angel Charlee! (These pics are just to show you the change in one school year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment